Reflections & Rhapsody

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Intentions are junk. Decide and Act!

I'm sick of best intentions. My own included. I can wallow in a world where I feel as though I can do better next time. Or perhaps that new goal I set for myself will be achieved, if only I put some effort in. But really, when all the fluff blows away, all that is left is the decision of apathy.

You see life is just a bunch of decisions. Whether you realise your making it or not. I might not consciously decide i'm going to inhale my next breath of air, but I can certainly decide to stop.

I'm tired of spending my life in surrounded by the results of my sub-conscious decision, looking back on the great things I intended to do but never actually quite made it.

So the only thing for it is to dive in head first.

No longer live under the shadow of best intentions, but in the light of a well made decision.

When that brilliant thought crosses your mind - act on it.

When you realise an apology is needed - make it.
When you find yourself surrounded by events that you feel helplessly lost in - realise that you did make a decision somewhere along the journey that led you to this point.
When you know that you can do something that will make a difference for someone else - do it.

Intentions are junk. Decide and live a life of action.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to the blogosphere, Lis. I meant to write something more substantial, but I didn't quite get around to it.

    By Blogger Ben, at 3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home